We have released a new firmware recently, called 'HotspotWRT'.
The firmware is more stable compared to DD-WRT, so if you have lots of users, consider switching to it. Firmware is based on OpenWRT/White Russian/CoovaAP.
You can find out whether your router is supported on this page. (Status must be "Supported")
Here's the HotspotWRT Installation Guide.
We have also made a hotspot firmware comparison table.
'HOTSPOTWRT' Unique features:
- Very easy installation, you need to enter your operator username and location ID into the firmware and you are done
- Front Led Feedback of Current Condition of Hotspot (Yellow=Hotspot is running, White=Hotspot is not running, but internet is working, No light=No internet)
Unique features over DD-WRT:
- Local MAC Address Authentication (in DD-WRT there is only a radius based mac authentication for hotspots which we don't support)
- Add Whole Subdomains to the Allowed Domain List (*.domain.com)
- Add/Delete Netmask to the Allowed List
- Add/Delete Allowed IP:Port to the Allowed List
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE FIRMWARE DOESN'T SUPPORT MULTIPLE SSID's SO DON'T UPGRADE IF YOU USE THIS FUNCTION.
Don't hesitate to ask us about the new firmware via the Help Desk.